Sunday, March 7, 2010

PROM. PROM. PROM.

Prom is fast approaching and girls all around the world are scrambling to find the perfect dress. Ive previously posted tons of pictures of some of my many prom inspirations that included my favorite black Balmain gown. Unfortunately, Balmain gowns are only affordable to real rock stars so i gladly settled on a similar designer dress. Therefore, this weekend i went to pick up my black Aidan Mattox gown.
This runway shot from the Balmain show was the absolute inspiration for my prom gown search. I didn't want to look like i was attending prom. I wanted to look like i was a fashion groupie of a rock n roll couturier.( I think that's a good description right?) This is the Aidan Mattox gown that i bought. It has the elements of the Balmain gown that make it stunning but it is also very practical for a prom banquet. I decided that i would attach a vintage broach at the waist for added glam and later use it to pin up the long train when I'm ready to dance the night away.

Im really excited about the overall look and must say that the picture does it no justice.

~Kyla Emman

No comments: