Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blogger Interview : Jamie from The Actor's Boutique


Jamie, the charming blogger of The Actor's Boutique tells us about her fave people and what she wants as a young up and coming Broadway star.

What inspired you to start a blog?

I was inspired to make a blog from you actually! I was impressed with how you put yourself out there and I also thought it'd be a great way to show people my passion for fashion and entertainment. I also wanted to write stories and reviews on shows for teens like me who are looking for great places to shop and what shows to see.

Who is your favorite actor and actress?

My favorite actor is Josh Hutchinson. Even though he is the same age as us, he doesn't over or underact. He proved this at a really young age when he starred in "Little Manhattan" and inspired me to go into acting. My favorite actress is probably Idina Menzel. Even though she doesn't do a lot of acting in movies, she's so big on Broadway. She played two of my favorite characters (Elphaba in "Wicked" and Maureen in "RENT") and has an amazing voice. I got to meet her very briefly and she was so sweet and has an amazing presence on stage and in movies. I always sing her songs and have always wanted to play the roles that she has.

If you could pick an actor to play you in a movie about your life, who would it be? Why?

I would probably choose Demi Lovato. Even though she's not the best actress, I love her singing and she has about the same range I do with her voice. She can go pretty high and pretty low. I also think she knows how to portray the drama us teens tend to go through with our friends and personally, I think she'd be able to easily relate to the things I've gone through in my life. She's someone I look up to greatly.

How does fashion play a role in theater?

Fashion plays a HUGE role in theatre. I always take the time to appreciate the costume director in any show. The characters' outfits show the audience who they are, the time period, their social status, etc. Fashion in theatre can also make or break a show. Someone can easily play a role, but they have to look it. Costumes and fashion also allows for a costume designer to be as creative as can be. I've been in shows where the costume crew had to custom-make certain garments or research places where we could rent costumes for shows. The play I was in last year, "The Mikado", had a lot to do with fashion. Everyone had to wear kimonos and because of their bright colors, the show looked amazing. It was one of the biggest things the audience loved about our production.

Use three words to describe yourself.

Three words I would use to describe myself are determined, passionate, and educated. I'm very determined to go to school for fashion and make a name for myself in the industry, but I'm also a determined student in school. I like to get all of my work done and do my best on every assignment as well as my singing and acting. I'm passionate because I've done everything I can do get as much knowledge as possible about fashion and theatre. Both of my parents were actors, so I use them as my mentors. I've also taken theatre and learned music theory to help with my singing. For fashion, I did three FIT classes, go to a vocational school to study design and merchandising and I'm now in the running for an internship at a swim wear company. I'd say I'm educated because I'm always willing to learn about new things and have absorbed so much about fashion, acting, singing and just regular school stuff! I come from a well-educated family and they've passed their education down to me.
Thanks Jamie!

~Kyla Emman

No comments: